Video from CNBC.
The President said:
"My children's school was cancelled today -- Because of what? Some ice? As my children pointed out, in Chicago school is never cancelled, in fact my 7-year-old pointed out that you'd go outside for recess. You wouldn't even stay indoors. We're going to have to try to apply some flinty Chicago toughness to this. I'm saying, when it comes to the weather, folks in Washington don't seem to be able to handle things."From around the web:
- AFP: Washington weather is snow joke for Obama
- Chicago Sun-Times: Ice storm shuts down Washington; President Obama tells city to "apply some Chicago toughness."
- AP: Obama gives chilly reception to canceled school
- Reuters: Obama to shivering Washingtonians: Toughen up
- Politico: Obama girls can't believe school canceled
- CNN: Obama mocks Washington's winter panic
- Washington CityPaper: On a Snow Day, Obama Disses D.C., Recommends “Flinty Chicago Toughness”
- NBC Washington: Obama Scoffs: D.C. Needs "Flinty Chicago Toughness"