Following the Democratic Caucus vote which elected him Chairman, Rep. Waxman issued the following statement:
I am honored by the vote of the Democratic Caucus. We are at a unique moment and have an opportunity that comes only once in a generation. I will work with all parts of our Caucus and across the aisle to deliver the change that the American public expects us to deliver.From around the Internets:
I have worked with Chairman John Dingell for 34 years. He has been a true legislative champion. I will always admire and respect him and his many legislative accomplishments.
- Politico: Waxman dethrones Dingell as chairman
- NYti: Longtime Head of House Energy Panel Is Ousted
- Baltimore Sun, Waxman to chair House energy, commerce panel
- MSNBC, OUT WITH THE OLD?
- AP, Waxman topples Dingell; House Dems go greener
- Bloomberg, Waxman Defeats Dingell for Control of Energy Panel
- Globe and Mail, It's the little things
- Seattle PI, New environmental cast in D.C. signaled by election today of Waxman, Stevens' defeat
- WSJ Environmental Capital, Waxing Nostalgic: Does Waxman Victory Mean Slam Dunk for Climate Bill?
- Nature.com blog, In a year of change, Democrats take down one of their own